The 2022 NAEP Doctoral Student Internship has completed its sixth year, and with it, five new researchers have been introduced into the next generation of the NAEP research community.
During the ten-week internship program, interns worked directly with researchers from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and American Institutes for Research (AIR) on research in various topic areas, such as Psychometrics & Statistical Methods, Process Data, Policy-Relevant Research, and Re-envisioning Quantitative Information (Data Visualization).
Candidates from across the nation applied for acceptance to this program, which brings together a diverse set of researchers tasked with bringing fresh ideas to address challenges and opportunities facing NAEP. Those chosen spent the summer looking at a range of topics from investigating air pollution and education outcomes to developing interactive NAEP resources for a public audience, among other topics. In addition, interns participated in a variety of structured professional development activities and workshops to build skills and experiences.
The NAEP R&D program congratulates all interns on their efforts this summer and thanks them for their contributions to the NAEP research community. We look forward to seeing more from you all in the future!
Congratulations 2022 NAEP Doctoral Student Interns:
- Yusuf Canbolat, Education Policy, Indiana University
- Yichi Zhang, Quantitative Methods and Computational Psychology, University of Southern California
- Jacob Maibach, Statistics, University of Arizona
- Yingzhi “Juno” Dong, Human Development and Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
- Eric Ho, Social Research Methodology, School of Education, University of California, Los Angeles